Unknown Illnesses User Group
Should I go back to the doctor's?
About This Group:

A place where people can share their symptoms and struggles with the unknown.

Founded by Novkortera on April 21, 2010
54 members

Should I go back to the doctor's?

I should start from the beginning of my medical adventure. A little more than a year ago I started waking up in the middle of the night in a state of panic. Heart racing, a cold feeling up my body, muscles spasms in my legs & a worry that I should call 911. It took about 3 hours before I could go back to sleep. I had it for 2 weeks on and off until I went to my doctor. He said it was indigestion and put me on a 14 day Prilosec  prescription. Well after I finished that I had no heartburn, but I was still having these episodes only in the evening. I got a second opinion from a different doctor who immediately put me on Straline, which is a SSRI, & it sort of calmed me down. I did not like the mental effects of these meds at all. Eventually it subsided and I went about my life again. Well here it is a year later & these evening bouts come back again. This time though I am getting red in the face & I have more of a pounding chest than fast heartbeat. I noticed my blood pressure was atleast 140 over 80 or higher which is not normal for a 18 year old. I have checked my blood pressure before & it was always in the 120's or low 130's. On top of that I have this annoying throbbing in my veins in my neck, arm, leg, vision problems & a tingling in my neck & head. I went back to the same doctor & he prescribed me Setraline again and Prilosec again plus Xanax to help me sleep. I finished the 14 days with the Prilosec but quite the Anti-Anxiety meds 2 weeks in. I didn't have any anxiety attacks to begin with except what would happen at night. I recently went back to the original doctor that I before mention & now he wants me to get a MRI. The only problem is my Insurance barely covers it. I am losing my sanity everyday over this & have spent over $150 on doctor visits & prescriptions. Plus the MRI will cost $758 out of pocket. What I am supposed to do?
ipurr2 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 22
gcxjo joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 15
mvik joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 18