Unknown Illnesses User Group
people who mimic some of my words
About This Group:

A place where people can share their symptoms and struggles with the unknown.

Founded by Novkortera on April 21, 2010
53 members

people who mimic some of my words

I've noticed a strange thing that happens when I'm talking to several people.  Actually, I can only think of three people this happens with (one friend of a friend (female age 41), & two co-workers (male age ~25 & female age ~40)).

I'll be in the middle of speaking and the person will mimic some of my words under their breath while I'm talking.  I think it is a little distracting and odd.  I wonder is there something going on with these folks?  I've been trying to notice when it happens most often.  For example does it depend on the topic or their level of interest in what I'm saying? Does it happen more when I take a little longer to state my point and they start anticipating what I'm going to say.  Do they do it with others?

It just happened minutes ago with one of these people and my kids were in the room.  I guess I've not been wanting to be rude in any way to ask the people if they know they are doing it... especially because it seems pretty benign.
gcxjo joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 15
mvik joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 18
jesse_ryann joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 13