Urgent Care Expert Forum
Abdominal pain and almost blacking out more than once...!!??

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

I don't know where to begin... I've had an area where I've felt pain these past couple of weeks. It's about at the level of the stomach, but on the left side. Not under my ribs, but nearby. Anyway, I saw a doctor this past Thursday and she said it was most possibly a musuclar issue, or that it could be my intestines. And that pain just comes and goes, it's not always there. I find it comes back after meals. Also, drinking alcohol makes me much more dizzy than usual these past few weeks.

Fast forward to today (Monday). I had breakfast as usual (croissant, jam, half a grapefruit and a glass of milk) and then a bit before lunch I started getting that pain again. I thought it would go away so I just kept going and prepared my meal. I ate and the pain didn't get worse nor did it go away. Then I went out to get things from the mall and as soon as I got in and started walking around, the pain got worse. I really needed to pickup a few things so I just kept going until I started getting really really dizzy and sweaty. I bought a bottle of juice and forced myself to drink it, that maybe my blood sugar was low... (I don't have diabetes)

Well I sat and felt really light-headed and just plain bad. I got up again to walk back to the bus stop so that I could go home and I almost passed out, more than once. I felt as though I had to "keep my soul inside my physical body"... really weird, but I've never passed out before so I assume that's what it must feel like.

Anyway, I got home and just rested. Now it's been six hours and the pain is gone from my stomach but I still feel dizzy a bit and walking is just plain odd, it's like my body is much lighter than it should be, or something. My head feels heavy though, heavy and dizzy.

My question is... what should I do? Drink water, get some rest ? Go see a doctor (tomorrow) ? Go to the ER?

Thanks!
1 Comment
I would go back to my gp or ask to see another doctor.  It could be a food intolerance or an allergic reaction to a food you've eaten - my daughter has food allergies and I know her reactions: going on a hyper is something she's slightly allergic to and  her eczema coming up within 24 hours:  severe stomach pain on the left hand side (which sometimes swells slightly), wobbly legs and heavy head and a feeling of 'not really awake' is usually something she's quite moderately allergic to (usually happens after school dinners - no joke! but she won't take packed lunch!). She can't have fruit juice of any type but I find pro-biotic drinking yoghurts have helped to alleviate some of these symptoms.  You can buy a glucose meter on ebay to check on blood sugar as low blood sugar can cause these types of symptoms as well.  But do go back to you gp if you are concerned and if you have no joy there then go to the er - I was ill for three and a half years and most of that time was due to incompetent doctors who wouldn't listen!