Urgent Care Expert Forum
Chest pain from Zomig
About This Forum:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chest pain from Zomig

Hi, I took Zomig yesterday for a bad migraine. I took two doses 5mg each 6 hours apart. Both times I got severe chest pain, tightness of back, chest, and arms. This was accompanied by shortness of breath. The last dose was almost 24 hours ago and I am still having moderate pain in my chest. It is confined to mostly directly under my left breast. I didn't realize all the side effects possible till after I had already taken the medicine. Since being perscribed, I have only taken once before and it didn't have these side effects. My concern is how long is the pain going to last? Could I have heart damage from taking the medince? My history is that I am a 27 year old smoker with moderate hypertension and familial history of hypertension and heart disease from both mother and father. No history of personal heart disease.