Urgent Care Expert Forum
Extreme rectal bleeding!!!

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Extreme rectal bleeding!!!

I just had anal sex with my husband and it was very painful.  When we finished, a lot- and I mean ALOT- of blood was dripping out.  It was coming consistantly for a couple minutes.  Like a leaky faucet, with bright (semi-dark) red blood.  I think it is an Anal Fissure but I am not sure, and I am really freaked out by the extreme amount of blood that came out.  What can I do?  Am I overreacting?  Will a high-fiber/ extra water/ soft foods diet be enough?  What pills or creams do you suggest for easing the pain?  It doesn't really hurt, but it feels numbed.  Also, I am terrified to pass a bowel movement.  (They have been slightly painful the last week or so)  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Anal sex is never a good idea.  The anus just wasn't made for the input of a penis or the abuse of the sex act itself.  Since the blood is bright red, the problem is near the anal opening where there is a lot of blood vessels.  You need to get yourself into the doctor's office or emergency room right away and get the damage assessed to see if you will need surgery to "fix" the damage.  Tell your husband to find other ways to gratify himself and close that part of the body off from further sex.  You will be lucky if he didn't go right on through the anus wall into the body where permanent damage will have you pooping in a bag forever.    good luck
Thanks for the advice.  I bled the next morning after a bowel movement (little to no pain) and have not bled since.  I have had normal bowel movements daily and my body seems perfectly fine.  I never saw a doctor, because the problem seemed to fix itself.  If something was wrong, I would notice pain or other symptoms, right?
No, lack of bleeding or pain doesn't mean nothing is wrong.  The anal canal has no pain receptors.   Pain is felt on the skin at the opening of the canal or pressure is felt when the tissue of the anal canal is stretched.  Lack of blood/pain doesn't mean you didn't hurt yourself.  Get checked to make sure.