Urgent Care Expert Forum
Help, please!! Chronic pain
About This Forum:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help, please!! Chronic pain

Hi every body.
  I am a 16y/o female that has chronic lateral (outside) ankle pain. I am currently a marching band member, but not involved in any other high-stress activities. My pain started about 2 years ago (when i started marching), and it wasnt too bad in the begining, easy enough to block out as an common ache. I have had NO ankle sprains, and cant find out what might have started this. My pain is constant and it gets worse when i am on my feet, there is a little swelling but it is not extreme.  
  I went to the doc, and she told me it was prob. just tendonitis, and physical therapy would help.... that was three months ago, and PT has had little effect. I was put in a walking boot to help ease the amount of activity and stress my ankle endured, and instead of helping it, the boot made my symptoms worse.
  I have had a MRI  and multiple x-rays taken but both came back negitave for "abnormalities".
  My doc cast my feet for orthotics, and when i started wearing them (around 2 months ago) they did not make a differance good or bad.
I know that there is something that we are missing, that could ultimately provide relief, but i cant figure it out, and i have less than 1 month untill i am on my feet more than 10 hours a day.