Urgent Care Expert Forum
Kicked in the throat
About This Forum:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Kicked in the throat

This isn't a sports injury but i could not find another topic to post under. I am a teacher and work with children who have behavioral disorders. While trying to restrain a child today, I was kicked in the throat. I am having a hard time swallowing and the outside is very tender when I touch it. Should I go to an E.R. or could it just be bruised tissues?
2 Comments
Blank
By now you likely know if you are ok or have visited the ER.  Our 16 yr old also kicked my husband in the esophogus this summer.  He also had a hard time breathing and we chose to take him to the Er.  Turns out, she just dis-lodged his esophogus!  OUCH!  The Dr said this kind of injury (injuries to the esophogu) can be fatal.  NEVER wait if you are in this position again.  Your esophogus can be broken.  It is like a vacuum cleaner hose.  Imagine slicing that hose open.  Our ER Doc made my husband sign permission to do a trache (spell?) in the event his was broken.  Yours could have swelled and caused you to be unable to breathe.  

I hope you are ok.  My husband had pain for about a week after the injury.  Take care!
Blank
Thank you for sharing that with me.  I ended up going to my doctor for X-Rays. The final result was a bruised trachea. I'm taking motrin for the swelling/pain and it seems to be helping. However, I'm still hurting, seemed to be much worse the next day.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979