Urgent Care Expert Forum
Lump in forearm
About This Forum:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lump in forearm

Seeking advice.  I found a lump in my forearm a little over a week ago.  The lump is located (palm-side up) about 2-3 inches below my elbow (pinky side).  The lump feels like a bb and its tender.  At first there was some swelling, but it appears to have gone down and its not as tender.  Last Saturday I went to an Urgent Care clinic and the PA took an x-ray and she said that the x-ray showed a reaction - but the bone was healthy.  When she tried to explain what "reaction" meant --- it just didn't make sense.  Finally, she just said that there was some irritation.  I'm not sure how an x-ray would show irritation.  I had been using ice, but she told me to switch to heat and take motrin.  I don't know what to think.  As I mentioned, the lump isn't as tender and the swelling has gone down, but the lump is still there.
Related Discussions
528538_tn?1226465874
The "lump" is most likely a skin phenomena. Probably a blocked sweat gland (Sebacious cyst) or a blocked hair follicle. Keep the area clean and wash daily with dial soap and water.
You got screwed on the X-ray but the nurse practitioner felt like he/she had to "do something" to make you feel better. It also jacked up your bill.
Bottom line: Keep an eye on it. If it gets bigger have someone cut it out and be done with it.
Dr. Gibson
3 Comments
Blank
u have had a reaction?
what i suggest u do is, go through what you have changed in the week that the lump appeared (new soap, food, new cleaning agent, new deodorant, etc.)
if you isolate the change, you can stop whatever it is (like switch deodorant) and see of the lump goes away.
but im no doctor, this is just my suggestion.
Blank
Thanks for you comment Steve, but I haven't changed any products recently.  
Blank
Get to a hospital IMMEDIATELY! I have an Uncle who discovered a similar lump on his arm. He died.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979