Urgent Care Expert Forum
Ovarian Mass pelvic/abdominal/back pain
About This Forum:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ovarian Mass pelvic/abdominal/back pain

I am a 35 yo mom of 4. I have had 3+ months of lower back, pelvic, and abdominal pain with intermittant cramping and swing from constipation to diarrhea. I had normal blood test about 2 1/2 months ago except for low iron. History: 7/26/06 I had my 4th c section followed an hour later my a total abdominal hysterectomy due to "postpartum uterine rupture/hemorrhage--needed many many units of blood and clotting factors--and left me in the ICU) which left me w/ only my left ovary/tube. On 1-25-07 a pelvic/abdominal CT w/ contrast showed a "3.5 cm thick-walled left adnexal cyst/cystic lesion with a small amount of peritoneal fluid adjacent to left adnexa". A transvaginal US on 1-29-07 showed "the left ovary was enlarged measuring 5.6x4.3x5.4 cm and contains a hypoechoic mass w/ uniform low level echoes and sm amount of fluid measuring 4.6x 3.9 x 4.3 cm, the appearance is most consisteant with a hemorrhagic cyst."
4-6wk follow up US set. The pain can be unbearable. I am trying to cope with motrin. What are the chances of the mass being cancerous? No recent bloodwork has been done and they never did a CA 125. Are all my symptoms attributable to this cyst? I also worry about this thing rupturing and getting an infection or twisting and going into surgical menopause. Can is be drained and checked w/o injuring the ovary? Could that be done sooner? Please advise.