Urgent Care Expert Forum
Pain in neck and upper chest after vomiting.

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Hi about 2 nights ago I started vomiting with severe diarrhea, I vomited maybe 12 times from 10pm until about 2 am, I took myself to the ER and was given fluids that type of thing along with an anti nausea medication, they said I just have a stomach flu, my daughter and my husband also have it, but my husband didnt vomit as much as I did. Now I have pain in the lower part of my throat and when I take a deep breath the pain gets much worse. I dont have any problem swallowing or breathing but the pain is really uncomfortable. I was thinking from how violently I was vomiting it could be some kind of a strain but Im not sure, any ideas on what this pain could be caused from?

Also, when I try to reinact the motion of vomiting to see if I can bring pain, I can bring a little pain as well as pain in my stomach. Thanks!
A strain is certainly a consideration.  Sometimes when people vomit violently they can injury the esophagus (the muscular tube that connects the mouth to the stomach). This is a condition know as Boerhave's, but it usually happens to the esophagus near the stomach.