Urgent Care Expert Forum
Pregnancy

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Pregnancy

I am 33 weeks into my pregnancy with my 3rd child.I have been under alot of stress.I have had migranes (migraines) for about 7 yrs. and have asthma since birth.My blood pressure has been going up and down,headaches getting worse,and have been having alot of lower back pain,all in the last few weeks.My family Dr. doesn't know how to treat me since I'm pregant.Do I need to been concerned?Is this normal with someone like me?What can I do or take to help?
I would think STRESS has a lot to do with it and possibly is the main culprit. I was very stressed with my fifth child, very unwell all the time, severe headaches with light and noise sensitivity, blood pressure problems, constant backache where I couldn't ease it no matter what I did then at 36 weeks my body started rejecting the baby and went into early labour which was hardwork (27 hours) because she wasn't ready to come out.  I love my daughter to bits (she's 9 now) but she has always been hardwork with food allergies and she's a hyperchild.  I've been told stress was to blame because of the amount of adrenalin in my system constantly when I was pregnant so it's important to try to reduce the stress on yourself and thus your baby.  It's not easy when you already have a couple of children and a lot of stress around you but you do have to find time to relax and allow the stress to wash over you.  I've only recently learnt to meditate and wonder why I didn't try it years ago and you don't have to sit crossed legged in the middle of a darkened room etc I often sneak off to the loo and have a couple of minutes closing my eyes, shutting out everything as I imagine I'm sitting on a park bench with the sun rays warming my body etc.  It works a treat for me and I emerge from the bathroom feeling mellow and relaxed - there's some great books on five minute meditations.  Also horlicks or hot chocolate helps and you may find a natural remedy which can also help - I know licorice is a natural de-stresser (but not sure whether it's good during pregnancy) again check it out.  So take it easy, put you feet up and try to find a way of releasing the stress - as I know from experience; stress during pregnancy can lead to a stressful baby and I thought it was an old wives tale!!!!!
I understand exactly what you are going through with your pregnancy although I only have one child and couldn't imagine being pregnant with two children. When I was towards the end of my pregnancy I constantly had migrains, stress, and back pain. My doctor put me on bed rest thinking that work was the problem but even after I was at home the problems continued. I took a friends advice and spent a day at the spa by myself. The whole nine yards manicure, pedicure, facial , and a massage, which was difficult b/c I had to lay on my side. But the headaches never stopped. I did feel alot more relaxed though. About a week later I delivered my son. He was 3 1/2 weeks premature. But there were no medical complications. In my opinion you may be overloaded and just need to kick back and take it easy, there aren't many medications that will help. In this situation good old fashion remedys are in order.