Urgent Care Expert Forum
diflucan side effects
About This Forum:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

diflucan side effects

42 yo female in good health..hx of ulcerative colitis, taking canasa suppositories every day, no issues with that.

Had a yeast infection on Sunday, took one dose,150 mg of Diflucan- infection feels  better today ( Tuesday) , but since about Monday, I've had intermittent rt upper quadrant pain. It comes and goes during the day, never terrible, just dull achy, but bothersome, and painful at times. Sometimes, it radiates to the exact same spot in my back,, but mostly it's rt.upper quadrant, rt below my rt rib.
SLight nausea, as well, but nothing too bad. THe pain is not related to anything, comes and goes without a pattern.
Could this be a side effect? Liver? Is it possible to cause liver damage from one dose? I do not have any liver issues, not an alcholic, wine or so on a saturday, but that's it. Had an abdominal u/s in January due to suspected gallbladder issues ( hida scan is low, but never removed it) and at that time everything was normal..I'm scared that I damaged my liver??
My MD originally told me to take the Diflucan on Sunday, Wed, and Sat...but now I'm scared to do that..

your thoughts are greatly appreciated...