Urgent Care Expert Forum
pain on left side just under rib cage area
About This Forum:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pain on left side just under rib cage area

I have a pain that comes and goes, it's a gnawing pain, not sharp under the rib cage on the left side.  I thought it may be traped gas but not sure. Feels uncomfortable with pushing the area in with my hand, but not painful.  What could it be?

Judy
Related Discussions
303398_tn?1193102884
Several things can cause pain in the left upper portion of the abdomen. Pain can be caused from an inflammation of the stomach (gastritis), a stomach ulcer, an internal hernia of the stomach (hiatal hernia), or gas pain (splenic flexure syndrome).
2 Comments
Blank
hello, i am a 15 yr old male who had been suffering from gastritis for about 4 months. it all started when i had a viral infection and about a week late ri was having stomach pain and the doctors told me i had gastritis and said that it will go away on its own.. well it hasnt and i recently have gone to a GI doctor who preformed a  endoscopy he said i have a hiatla hernia along with gastritis. he alos took some bacteria out of my stomach from the gastritis and tested it for H. Phlory or somethign like that and he called back and said my hernia was small no sugery need and gave me pills for the gastrits but recently i've been having bad back pain around my right side in the middle of the shoulder blades and in my right shoulder blade. i asked the doctor this and he said it is inflamation (inflammation) from the gastrits.. the pain is like a knotty/cramping pain. i have had blood test  and cat scan all normal but i had a slightly elavated bilirubin but he said it was just a tad high nothing to cause concern. but recently this pain ahs been getting to me im thyinking i have liver disase or glaa bladder problems but my doctor said no just inflamation (inflammation) but im still scared any thoughts or opinions please?
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979