Urgent Care Expert Forum
post cholecystectomy diarrhea and pain or Crohn's?
About This Forum:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

post cholecystectomy diarrhea and pain or Crohn's?

Still having problems with several loose stools a day with cramping since my cholecystectomy on Sept. 1st. I was told by my surgeon that this would get better in time. I have to avoid many foods now or I have a problem. I still have pain in area where gallbladder used to be and wonder about the titanium clips maybe migrating and causing problems. I was given Questran for the loose stools but I got hives from it so had to stop taking it...Also, there is a history of Crohn's disease in my family. My mother died from Crohn's in 1965 when I was only 8 years old. My younger sister, who just turned 50, was diagnosed with Crohn's this past July and had to have a partial colectomy with colostomy. The colostomy was just reversed a few weeks ago. She also had a cholecystectomy just two months prior to the diagnosis of Crohn's and the colectomy. I have heard that Crohn's can be hereditary, so I am wondering if maybe there is more to my loose bowel problem that just the after effects of my cholecystectomy. I am wondering if I too may have Crohn's? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time Dr. Guy.