Urgent Care Expert Forum
skin abrasion

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

skin abrasion

I have a "strawberry" on my leg, just below the knew, from sliding during a softball game. The abrasion is about the size of my palm and is located just to the outside of my shin bone over that muscle. My question is this. It has finaly scabbed over after about 9 days. I had been washing it with peroxide, then an antiseptic wash and occasional treatment of betadine. I still have slight discomfort with it regularly, but the pain increases greatly when I stand on it, or just stand on the one leg that is not injured. Walking on it relieves this pain. Could there be a build-up of fluid under it that makes it hurt when I stand? What could cause this type of pain while walking relieves it? I showed it to a nurse and she said that it looked clean, not infected. Thank you in advance.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
you probably tore a ligament or some nerves in that place