E.Coli keeps showing in Urine Culture but not in Catheter Bladder / Boric Acid?
jxb
Trying to find someone who has gone through this. In August 2012 I was put on a steroid 5-day dose pack. It destroyed me in every way possible! In November 2012, e.coli was found in my urine and I was put on 4 rounds of different antibiotics but I wasn't having symptoms. In fact, the antibiotics actually brought on UTI symptoms and even after the 4 rounds, the e.coli is still there! The kicker is that my Catheters and urinalysis are consistently negative but urine culture remains showing 100,000 e.coli. I am at my wit's end. Cranberry supplements, wine, and too much sugar irritate my vagina so it seems to be a vaginal infection and not a bladder. A new uro - gynecologist is recommending Boric Acid capsules in hopes of acidifying the vagina so the good bacteria can stick and over-populate and balance out. She wants me on a good lactobacillus probiotic, low-sugar diet., fermented foods, no alcohol, caffeine, etc. I have read though that Boric Acid can mutate e.coli and make it worse. I am so confused and just wondering if anyone out there has experienced anything like this? I cannot find anyone who has and all docs are puzzled and some say to just live with it but that doesn't seem right either. I am going to restart the D-Mannose but not sure if I should combine this with boric acid. I am really trying to reverse this with Diet, probiotics and D-Mannose alone but am stumped on the Boric Acid too? The thought of using the boric acid freaks me out. I really hope someone else out there who has gone through something similar reads this and can provide some insight! Thanks!