Urinary Tract Infection Community
Bladder pain

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Bladder pain

I am currently having a pain in my bladder as if I have been holding it for too Long. It hurt worse when I pee I have been having this pain for a week now and I do not know what it is my bladder seems to be swollen and I jut want it to stop hurting what should I do? Do know what it is
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Bladder pain is often caused by urinary tract infection, cystitis, kidney stones, urethral stricture, and bladder infection etc.A complete evaluation is necessary for determining the correct cause of your symptoms. Drink plenty of water every day. You need to get investigated to rule out urinary tract infection and above mentioned possibilities. A complete history, clinical examination and work up are important for diagnosing your problem. You may need tests like urine routine examination, urine culture and ultrasound scan. Treatment will depend on the cause. I hope it helps. Keep me posted.
Best luck and take care!
the doctor said there was no infection. but it hurts really bad idk what it would be. he said it might be my urethra?