Urinary Tract Infection Community
Burning and blood.

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Burning and blood.

Hey, i am a 18 year old girl, 115 lbs, 5"9 1/2. Back in October i was prescribed medication for abnormal bacteria growth in my cervix. It was coming to my birthday and i wasn't allowed to consumer alcohol with the medication, so i held off taking them. But it got to the point where one night after the bar it started to really burn when i pee'd then i continued you too pee blood. Right away i started taking my medication, and the symptoms stopped. I kind of wondered how that had to do with my cervix. But i forgot about it. Now a couple days ago, again, after the bar the same problem came back. But a whole hell of a lot worse. More, blood, even chunks of blood. And the pain is over whelming. It stopped for about half a day and now it is coming back. I obviously will go into the clinic and see whats up. I just would like some answers or possibly a heads up before i go in. Because this is really making me nervous.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is very important to determine the exact source of this bleeding whether it is from the vagina or urinary tract. Blood in urine can be due to urinary tract infection, kidney stones, blockage of urinary tract, viral infections; blood clotting disorders, kidney disease etc.A complete medical history, laboratory tests and imaging studies may be performed. Consult a nephrologist.Do write to me again on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!
Thank you, the blood was from my urinary tract. The doctor found nothing neither in my urine sample or blood sample. So he just gave me a three day pill treatment for a bladder infection. But even before i started taking the pills it started to go away. What do you think?