Urinary Tract Infection Community
Chlamydia UTI
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chlamydia UTI

I was infected with chlamydia in april 2010, from oral sex. but i found out the infection later in august 2010, with a lab test came back positive. Doctor gave me treatment with doxy for a week and Zythromax. And lab check again one month later came back negative. (the lab check is swap liquid from the tip of the penis)

Now, I have hard time to start a pee.

My questions:

1. Can chlamydia cause this? since it takes 4 months untreated, could it travel up from urethra to prostate, or kidney???

2. I read on Internet that chlamydia infect prostate is hard to cure does this true?

Any one please help...
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
889551_tn?1331946140
Chlamydia can cause a uti as a secondary infection. Where exactly does it hurt when you start to urinate? If it burns and hurts when coming out its in the urethra. Ufo its in the back its kidneys. You really should make a follow up appt an mention the pain and that you had chlamydia. If your test came back negative the second time, its likely just a uti. Keep us posted!
Blank
889551_tn?1331946140
Chlamydia can cause a uti as a secondary infection. Where exactly does it hurt when you start to urinate? If it burns and hurts when coming out its in the urethra. IF its in the back its kidneys. You really should make a follow up appt an mention the pain and that you had chlamydia. If your test came back negative the second time, its likely just a uti. Keep us posted!
Blank
It doesn't hurt at all, when I pee, but, it is just very hard to start, last night it start dripping pee, i goo to toilet 10 times or more just to pee a little with a some efforts to let it out.

don't trust my doctor in my country since they said chlamydia is not transferred via oral sex. but i really do get that via oral sex... :(
Blank
889551_tn?1331946140
Its not as common to get it from oral sex, but it is possible. You need to see a doctor because it could be a uti, but you may have been reinfected. Its very imperative that you get checked out.  You can always find a different dr if you aren't comfortable with your current one.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...