Could I have a UTI?
I have been having trouble peeing for about 2 1/2 weeks. I thought it was because the babies head was pressed up against my bladder. About a week ago I started having pain in my lower back on the right side where my kidney is at. It has continuously gotten worst. I can't even sleep cause it hurts so bad. And my bladder hurts horribly when I try to urinate. All I am releasing is a tiny bit of urine when I go to the bathroom. I had a kidney infection with my first pregnancy but this is way worse. My mother and grandmother said that my urine may be backing up into my kidneys and that it is very dangerous for me and baby. Has anyone else had this? Please let me know. I'm very stubborn about going to doctor and don't want to look stupid.
Hi there,
You are probably having urinary tract infection. UTI’s are more common during pregnancy due to changes in the urinary tract. The uterus sits directly on top of the bladder. With the growth of uterus its weight blocks the drainage of urine from the bladder, causing an infection. An untreated UTI can cause kidney infection. Kidney infections can lead to early labor and low birth weight. A urinalysis and urine culture will help in detecting if there is UTI.It can be easily treated with antibiotics which are safe during pregnancy. Seek the appointment of a doctor at the earliest. Keep me posted.
Best luck and take care!
I went to the doctor and they checked my urine. It showed clean for a UTI, kidney infection, and bladder infection. Doc says its cause babies head is engaged in the birth canal and it is putting more pressure on my bladder making it harder to pee. I asked her what I could do and she said just wait it out till I have my baby girl. She hasn't seemed too concerned about it but I am. I don't want anything to cause any problems for my baby girl. I am due in 2 weeks so premature labor is ok at this point because I'm 38 weeks.