Urinary Tract Infection Community
Genitals hurt when having to pee

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Genitals hurt when having to pee

I've already had an ultrasound, but, everything is taking so long.

-Saw a doctor because the back of my testicles were hurting (epididymitis?)
-She gave me doxycycline for 10 days and ordered an ultrasound.
-2 weeks later (few days ago) had my ultrasound
-doxycycline did nothing for me really already done w it
-Soonest appointment to get my results is another 2 weeks from now.

I'm in pain, at the beginning it was just pain down there, but the last few days I've been getting urges to go pee, and whenever I get the urge, it hurts until i find a restroom, but once I do pee I feel SO MUCH BETTER, its like a relief.

It doesn't burn or hurt when peeing, in fact I feel better.

My urine has been a lighter color, not dark.

oh and FYI the initial day of my appt, they tested my urine and told me that they would CALL ME back if I was positive for STDs or a STI, but they've never called.

I've noticed that whenever I go out for a jog they tend to hurt and stay soar for a while.

Can it be a UTI?

Any information would be great.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Though this does not typically sound like a UTI, possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections/ inflammations, trauma, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest seeking a review with your treating doctor for a detailed evaluation. After a cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!