Urinary Tract Infection Community
Had a UTI which was treated, but now got burning sensation?
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Had a UTI which was treated, but now got burning sensation?

I was treated for a UTI a couple of weeks ago with 7 days of antibiotics, it cleared up and all the pain went. But yesterday i started to get a burning sensation in my lower abdomen which is still there now and i have had to urinate frequently again. Could it be that the infection has not cleared properly or is it just down to something else? I have also been constipated abit since i was on the antibiotics, so i don't know if this is causing the uncomfort that i have at the moment. I've not had any stinging when i urinate and it all is a normal colour.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? Urinary tract infection may recur even after treatment. It is best that you have urine tests or culture and sensitivity test done and see your doctor for proper evaluation. Drinking  plenty of fluids may also help with the infection and constipation. Take care and do keep us posted.  
Blank
hello. i'm feeling better thank you. I went to my Dr today and he has given me 3 days of antibiotics, so i'm hoping it will clear it up. I've been drinking cranberry juice and lots of water and this has helped alot too. The burning sensation has gone and now i just have the issue of having to urinate often. My Dr sent off a sample of urine to the lab and i have to ring up in a few days to see what the results are. What happens when you get the results?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank