Is it okay to lie about being sexually active when getting checked for a UTI?
So yesterday i noticed a lot of pain in my personal area, and I just recently talked with my sister about her friend getting UTIs. I was worried so i did some research, and i think I might have one. I have a lot of pain down there, I find myself going to the bathroom very often, Ive been slightly feverish, and Ive been very nauseas. I havent told anyone about it yet. Im a minor, so im going to ask my mom to take me to the doctor as soon as possible.
So my question is, when the doctor asks if Im sexually active (which im almost positive they will) is it okay if i lie and say that im not? I have only had sex one time, nearly a month ago, so i dont think it would affect the diagnosis. I dont want my mom knowing.
Anyone reading this will probably be like "if you cant tell your mom about it, youre too young to do it." but I understand this and i dont care, i made a mistake, I get it, please dont tell me this. Ive been turning anywhere to get answers, please help me out.
It's important to see a Dr because it does sound like a UTI. These need to be treated with antibiotics, which only a Dr can prescribe. They may or may not ask you if you are sexually active. I really think they might. I'm not sure how old you are but you may be able to ask to see the Dr alone. Of course a nurse will be in the room with you and the Dr.
Don't be afraid to ever tell the truth to any trusted healthcare professional.  It's probably pretty important to be truthful to ensure you get the best treatment.  Just my two cents.  Please keep us posted and feel better.