Urinary Tract Infection Community
Is it okay to lie about being sexually active when getting checked for ...
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is it okay to lie about being sexually active when getting checked for a UTI?

So yesterday i noticed a lot of pain in my personal area, and I just recently talked with my sister about her friend getting UTIs. I was worried so i did some research, and i think I might have one. I have a lot of pain down there, I find myself going to the bathroom very often, Ive been slightly feverish, and Ive been very nauseas. I havent told anyone about it yet. Im a minor, so im going to ask my mom to take me to the doctor as soon as possible.
So my question is, when the doctor asks if Im sexually active (which im almost positive they will) is it okay if i lie and say that im not? I have only had sex one time, nearly a month ago, so i dont think it would affect the diagnosis. I dont want my mom knowing.
Anyone reading this will probably be like "if you cant tell your mom about it, youre too young to do it." but I understand this and i dont care, i made a mistake, I get it, please dont tell me this. Ive been turning anywhere to get answers, please help me out.
Tags: uti, lie