Is it really a UTI? or kidney inf.
I have had a fever and chills, body aches, trouble urinating, flank pain on both sides. Went to.doctor, was told my urine had pus and blood in it.  Put on antibiotic-Bactrim. I haven't had a UTI in years.  I am urinating blood clots and pus.  To me sounds like more of a kidney infection.  I am also going thru menopause and was told that low estrogen can cause UTI's.  Is this true?  My symptoms feel pretty severe to me, is this just a simple UTI, or does anyone know signe of have gone to my kidneys?
Forgot...nausea/low abdominal pain.  Thanks!
It is possible that the urinary tract infection (UTI) ascended to the kidneys. Consult a physician to rule out any serious underlying conditions.  It is advisable to undergo kidney function test (BUN and creatinine) to check if the kidneys are working properly.  It is also advisable to undergo ultrasound of the KUB to rule out any structural abnormality that maybe associated with the symptoms.

I hope this helps! Take care!
Thanks for your suggestions.  I will ask for thoee tests. This just didn't woune like A Simple UTI.  IVE NEVER BEEN SO SICK WITH A UTI BEFORE.  I GUESS THEY FOUND BLOOD, PUS AND PROTEIN IN MY URINE.  ISNT PROTEIN