Urinary Tract Infection Community
Macrobid
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Macrobid

Anyone take this for a persistant uti?? Any side effects? I've taken 2 so far and they bother my throat. I'm not sure if its swelling or just really dry. I can't swallow well. I don't wanna stop taking it till I talk to my doctor but at the same time I don't wanna take it if I'm allergic. Any suggestions?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
Every drug has its own advantages and disadvantages. Few people may have throat irritation and throat pain with macrobid.There are many antibiotics which are very effective in UTI.If the symptoms are severe and persistent consult your attending doctor. He may prescribe an alternative medication. Do write to me again on how you are doing.
Best wishes and regards!
Blank
321816_tn?1278391735
Thanku for replying. It turns out that I was allergic to the macrobid. I am now on a new antibotic (antibiotic) called cipro and so far so good.
Hopefully it knocks out the infection.
Have a wonderful day.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949