Urinary Tract Infection Community
Painful Urination after sex.

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Painful Urination after sex.

So my boyfriend and I had sex three times yesterday,  nothing special,  not rough. I woke up this morning VERY early because of some tingling down there.  It is very uncomfortable. I can't even sleep with it.  I feel like I have to pee every few minutes and when I do it's only a light tinkle and then IT HURTS. When I got it the first time I thought I was passing kidney stones.  Then I read that it might be a UTI. The only way I've found that even remotely comes close to reliving it is taking a bath.  Any idea what it is?  How to prevent?  Or relive pain?
Consult a doctor and get yourself tested for UTI.  The doctor may need a urinalysis to confirm diagnosis if it is UTI or not.  In uncomplicated cases, urinary tract infections are easily treated with antibiotics. In complicated cases or if treatment has failed, a urine culture may be useful.

I hope this helps! Take care!
I would go to the doctor too just to make sure it is a UTI if you haven't alreay! So then you can work on preventing it from there. I have had a terrible history of bladder infections and am finally figuring out how to prevent them and what seems to work for me!  I got so sick of going to the doctor and even have had some terrible allergic reactions to antibiotics. I researched and found d-mannose with cran actin..it seems to work for a ton of people. It is pricey but has been 100% worth it. Since taking it I haven't had a bladder infection which is awesome since I started having about 2 a month!!! If I start to feel a little uncomfortable I just take one pill and it goes away. I have also started to go pee before and after sex. Also bought some flushable wipes to clean and freshen up after! This has seemed to work wonderful. If you are using lubricant, that could have helped cause a UTI. I read alot on using coconut oil as lube, and found that works good for me since normal lube always irritated down there. For temporary relieve you can also take AZO pills!
Hope this helps because I know how terrible bladder infections are!!