Urinary Tract Infection Community
Potential Prostatitis

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Potential Prostatitis

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have some strange symptoms which come a go and thought I would turn to you all as the doctors seem stumped.
Basically I am very sexually active and I am typically careful and somewhat worrisome. For the past few years I have had irritation whilst sitting down in the tip of my penis, waking up during the night to pee, struggle to push pee out (particularly in the evening), burning on my penis tip AFTER urination and occasional lower right abdo pain. These symptoms will come and go, some days it is there, others not.
A few weeks ago (after 95% sure protected sex and erotic massage) it came on quite bad and I was sure I had an STI however it came on the day after and was most likely the irritation from massage oil.
I have visited the doctor and have negative Chlamydia and Gonorrhea tests - the doctor and forum members here do not seem to think STI or UTI to be the issue.
As I write this I have some discomfort in my penis head whilst sitting. Nothing seems to make the symptoms better but stress when I am thinking about it does make it worse.
Help appreciated!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Without a complete evaluation it may be difficult to determine the exact cause of your symptoms. The symptoms of prostatitis are pain when urinating, pain when ejaculating semen, discomfort around the scrotum and at the tip of the penis etc.It can be seen in men of all ages. Only 5-10 % are caused by bacterial infection rest all cases may have only inflammation. You will need a comprehensive exam, including a digital rectal examination to check whether the prostate gland is enlarged or tender. Tests like prostate fluid analysis for signs of infection, transrectal ultrasound or voiding studies may be needed based on your clnincal examination findings.Antiinflammatory medicines along with Sitz baths may be helpful in this condition. See a urologist and get evaluated. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!