Urinary Tract Infection Community
Pressure and pain in pelvic/vaginal area
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pressure and pain in pelvic/vaginal area

After seeing my doctor and having blood work and urine test, all he found was blood in the urine.  I took Amoxil for 10 days.  Still have the pain, not easing at all.  I have CKD Stage III.  I am 72 years old.  Tylenol does not help.  I don't see my kidney doctor until the 29th.  Not sure I can handle the pain and irritation that long.  Can't sleep, etc.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Blood in urine could occur secondary to infections, inflammations, trauma/ injuries, ulcers/ erosions, calculi, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest continuing with the antibiotics. If the pain is not controlled by OTC medications, I would suggest consulting your primary care physician for stronger pain medications that may be helpful. If the pain is severe, a visit to the ER may be considered.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979