Urinary Tract Infection Community
Pyelonephritis

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Pyelonephritis

My mother was supposed to undergo a urethral dilation procedure, but due to family issues it got delayed. One evening, two months ago, she got a high fever (104), nausea, and back pain. We took her to the hospital where she was admitted and blood tests and urine tests were done. Unfortunately, she got sepsis and was admitted into the ICU and was on IV and antibiotics. The doctor informed us she had to undergo stent placement as well as urethral dilation. The process was delayed partly due to her diabetes level and the high level of creatnine. Finally, once her levels were cleared, the procedure was finished and she was discharged after 3-4 days. She was on antibiotics for 3 weeks and inbetween during her checkup, the dosage was reduced. Just day before yesterday, she got a fever of 101, along with chills and a feeling of nausea, although she did not vomit. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she was immediately hospitalised. Her WBC, gylsoted haemoglobin, and creatnine level were high. I am worried and require an insight into what exactly is happening to my mother and what are the risks associated with this relapse.
Thank you for your time!
She is 58 years old, I forgot to mention that.