Recurrent UTIs
I have had recurrent UTIs for the last 3 years, it seems. I have done everything I can think of to prevent them--drink more water, cranberry juice, etc. less sugar, less caffeine, carbonated drinks, the whole deal.

After my UTIs last went away a week ago (with an expensive treatment of Augmentin) it has popped up again with a vengeance. I have more casts and white blood cells in my urine, and now I have to go to a urologist. Is there anything I can do to prevent UTIs or does this sound like something structural?
How are you? What other tests were done in the past? If you have recurrent UTI, you may also benefit from further evaluation by your gynecologist. Urine culture and sensitivity test may also help  identify the offending organism and the antibiotics to be used. Take care and do keep us posted.
I've recently had a CT scan of my abdomen as well as a creatinine 24 hour urine clearance test. I'm going back to my urologist Wednesday for a bladder scope.
Went to the urologist on Wednesday. Was told that I have 4-5 kidney stones in each kidney, but they're "soft" kidney stones. I'm assuming this means struvite stones, which could be the cause of my recurrent UTIs. I'm going under anesthesia on may 22nd for a cystoscopy