Urinary Tract Infection Community
Recurring UTI

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Recurring UTI

Almost a year back, I got a really bad urinary tract infection. I had an emergency prescription sent out which cleared it up.

Ever since they have been recurring, each time getting more severe and painful!
I get frequent overwhelming urges to 'go' but when I get the toilet there is very little urine and it is extremely painful. A burning sensation. When I do pass a decent amount of urine it has an unpleasant smell, is cloudy and very dark.
About five minutes after going to the toilet I feel I have to go again, I can only tolerate the feeling for so long, but I know I'm not going to pass anything, it's so frustrating!

Sorry for the details but I want to know if I've been correctly diagnosed.
I collect my prescription to clear this up tomorrow. But I would like to know any other remedies so that this wont recur so often. I've heard of cranberry juice, but is there anything else?

Someone please reply, this is making me so unhappy!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
I cannot precisely confirm anything without a complete history and clinical examination. Based on the information shared by you it is possible that you may be having urinary tract infection. Other possibilities could be kidney stones, interstitial cystitis, allergies from spermicidal jelly, prostatitis etc.You need to get yourself investigated. A complete urine examination, urine culture may be helpful. If the reports are inconclusive then an ultrasound KUB may provide some information. I hope you find this information useful.
Take care and kind regards!