Resistant strain gonorrhea. HELP
i was infected a month a ago and i immediately i noticed the symptoms, i went on ciprofloxacin full dose, after which the symptoms showed up again, i went on erythromycin nd cefixeme, the symptoms still persisted after, my doctor then place me on a 5 day antibiotic injection( don't know the class of antibiotics) and now, its still here, please somebody help me
Hi there,
Antibiotic resistant gonorrhea is rising and if left untreated it can lead to severe complications.Fluoroquinolones and cefixime are not being used due to increasing resistance. The current recommended treatment for gonorrhea is one injection of 250 mg ceftriaxone. This is combined with either a single oral dose of 1 g azithromycin or a week of taking 100 mg oral doxycycline twice a day. It is best to discuss this regime with your doctor and if he agrees start with it.
Best luck and regards!
thank you doctor, but i already got that treatment also and the symptoms are still there, please any other suggestions????