Urinary Tract Infection Community
UTI Medicine

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

UTI Medicine

2 years ago, I had lower abdominal pain and fainted while I was in class. I was taken into ER and treated with bladder infection. I was given some medication, and my doctor told me that the medication can turn my urine into an orange/red color. However, my urine was normal. I thought that was just a side effect that some people get and some people don't, so I've never been so concern about it.

A few days ago, I had a milder pain in approximately the same area, and I almost fainted. I quickly got back onto my feet after resting for a few minutes. The pain went away, and everything was back to normal. Should I be concern about this?
Tags: UTI bladder infection
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A complete medical evaluation is necessary for confirming the correct diagnosis and management of your condition. Lower abdominal pain can be due to several causes like appendicitis, urinary tract infection, irritable bowel syndrome, gastroenteritis, kidney stones etc.Are you also having symptoms like increased urinary frequency, painful urination? If yes then it can be suggestive of a urinary tract infection or kidney stones. Get in contact with a healthcare professional. A clinical examination and work up like urine examination, urine culture and ultrasound abdomen may be helpful. Treatment will depend on the cause. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!