Urinary Tract Infection Community
UTI and bleeding
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

UTI and bleeding

Hi. I had a terrible pain last tuesday evening and when i wiped myself, I noticed a pink tinged on the toilet paper. I thought I was having my period and it went on for the day. I was beginning to have temperature so I went to the doctor and he said that i have a severe UTI. He prescribed cotrimoxazole which helped. But after a day or two the tinged of blood came back again. Not as much as the first day but it still bugs me a lot. I am finishing the antibiotics tomorrow moning and now I still have the tinge of blood when i am wiping myself. I an getting worried already. WHat should I do? Has anybody experienced this as well?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
889551_tn?1331946140
If you are still having blood, and you are certain it's coming from your urinary tract, you need to follow up with your doctor.
Blank
Hello,
First of all this needs to be confirmed whether this spotting everytime you pee is from the vagina or from the urinary tract because causes are different for both. Sometimes this spotting from vagina is harmless, but sometimes it’s an alarming sign of serious problem. This depends on the cause of spotting. It can be an indication of implantation bleeding which occurs if you had any unprotected intercourse close to your fertile days.

In absence of pregnancy, this spotting can be due to birth control pills stoppage (possible in your case and should become better in a month’s time from leaving the birth control pills) , infection in an area of the body related to menstruation (including the vagina, the cervix and the uterus), polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and  cervical dysplasia or sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and  Chlamydia.
You should wait for your periods and if you miss them then you should consult a gynecologist who will physically examine the local area and may consider tests like serum test for pregnancy, pap smear, ultrasound uterus and hormonal assay.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Blank
1790865_tn?1315254639
Thanks so much for your reply. I am much better now. Guess I was just so paraniod with the fact of having the blood in my urine.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...