UTI keeps returning?
Help! I'm in pain all the time. I'm 20 and have suffered with mild UTI infections for years, more than a week ago I had the biggest infection I've ever had so I went to the gp. The gave me antibiotic and they seemed to work, bit when i wake in the morning the infection has returned! Why? I'm so upset I'm in tears I can't take it anymore!
Hi there...I just wanted to share with you - I had a similar experience in my early 20's.  The bladder infections were frequent enough that the doctor just prescribed me a big bottle of antibiotics that I could start on my own when I felt the symptoms starting up again.  I finally got tired of it - and asked to go to a specialist (a urologist, I believe).  He did further testing (they weren't fun, but they were telling) and they discovered I had a little benign growth in my urethra that was causing the recurrent infections.  He removed it and gave me some really helpful tips - most important was going pee right after sex, drinking cranberry juice, don't hold pee for long periods of time (go when you need to go), wearing cotton undies.  Anyway, think about trying these tips in the meantime, and perhaps ask your doctor to send you to a specialist - let them know how this is affecting your quality of life.  There may be better answers than the merry-go-round you're on.  I hope so!  In the 20 years since that little surgery, I've maybe had 2 bladder infections since (and the surgery was pretty painless).  I hope you find an answer!!