UTI with shooting pain, please help!
I had a UTI with shooting pain in the upper groin and took 7 days of cipro 80 tablets of cystex, phenylhydrine stuff, 3 days more of cipro and I still have some pain in the groin.  Should I continue on the cystex?  I've also had numbness in the groin for years now maybe from diabetes...  
I read that methenamine can be continued long-term and that the dosage is 2 1g tablets a day so could I take 6 tablets of cystex at once with 2000mg vit C?
the infection is continuing to cause me pain after 7 days of cipro, maybe it's resistant?  
can you have permanent nerve damage/numbness from a UTI or early diabetes?  that's what happened to me and it's terrible
I went to this uro and he kept saying it was ok since my urine just had a little blood in it, but maybe that UTI I had was never fully cured with 14 days of cipro and now I have permanent damage and no nerve feeling in my groin
anyway it's strange how my infection was resistant to 7 days of cipro?  I think the azo med helped my urination it seems to be more than a pain killer
Oftentimes I've had to go on a few weeks antibiotic therapy for UTI's.  They can be extremely resistant and/or if not the right choice of antibiotic won't fully clear them up.  Did they do a culture and find the causitive organism?

AZO can help a lot, but it also may be masking symptoms.  Oftentimes doctors won't allow AZO without their permission first because of that reason.  But I hope your UTI is gone by this writing.

C~
I'm on the 4th or 5th box of cystex methenamine and taking 5 tablets at once, but I still have some pain left, cloudy urine occasionally
I think I got the UTI from diabetes
I hope you're still seeing a doctor. UTI's can be dangerous. I just finished my second treatment with Ciprofloxacin. It's not gone, so I'll call the doctor on Monday.
my doctor ignores me.  the pain is in the upper groin now- cystex seems to help on the 4th or 5th box
I don't know if it's fungal or viral, but methenamine should work I take 5 tablets at a time 2x day
all this from not showering and diabetes I guess
is it the bacteria clog the passage or they cling to the wall and cause pain?