Urinary Tract Infection Community
UTI with shooting pain, please help!
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

UTI with shooting pain, please help!

I had a UTI with shooting pain in the upper groin and took 7 days of cipro 80 tablets of cystex, phenylhydrine stuff, 3 days more of cipro and I still have some pain in the groin.  Should I continue on the cystex?  I've also had numbness in the groin for years now maybe from diabetes...  
I read that methenamine can be continued long-term and that the dosage is 2 1g tablets a day so could I take 6 tablets of cystex at once with 2000mg vit C?
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Oftentimes I've had to go on a few weeks antibiotic therapy for UTI's.  They can be extremely resistant and/or if not the right choice of antibiotic won't fully clear them up.  Did they do a culture and find the causitive organism?

AZO can help a lot, but it also may be masking symptoms.  Oftentimes doctors won't allow AZO without their permission first because of that reason.  But I hope your UTI is gone by this writing.

C~
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
the infection is continuing to cause me pain after 7 days of cipro, maybe it's resistant?  
Blank
can you have permanent nerve damage/numbness from a UTI or early diabetes?  that's what happened to me and it's terrible
Blank
I went to this uro and he kept saying it was ok since my urine just had a little blood in it, but maybe that UTI I had was never fully cured with 14 days of cipro and now I have permanent damage and no nerve feeling in my groin
Blank
anyway it's strange how my infection was resistant to 7 days of cipro?  I think the azo med helped my urination it seems to be more than a pain killer
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Oftentimes I've had to go on a few weeks antibiotic therapy for UTI's.  They can be extremely resistant and/or if not the right choice of antibiotic won't fully clear them up.  Did they do a culture and find the causitive organism?

AZO can help a lot, but it also may be masking symptoms.  Oftentimes doctors won't allow AZO without their permission first because of that reason.  But I hope your UTI is gone by this writing.

C~
Blank
I'm on the 4th or 5th box of cystex methenamine and taking 5 tablets at once, but I still have some pain left, cloudy urine occasionally
I think I got the UTI from diabetes
Blank
I hope you're still seeing a doctor. UTI's can be dangerous. I just finished my second treatment with Ciprofloxacin. It's not gone, so I'll call the doctor on Monday.
Blank
my doctor ignores me.  the pain is in the upper groin now- cystex seems to help on the 4th or 5th box
I don't know if it's fungal or viral, but methenamine should work I take 5 tablets at a time 2x day
Blank
all this from not showering and diabetes I guess
Blank
is it the bacteria clog the passage or they cling to the wall and cause pain?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...