Urinary Tract Infection Community
UTI

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

UTI

CAN U.T.I AFFECTS MENSTRUAL CYCLE?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there!
An UTI is infection of the urinary tract while menstruation is shedding off of the endometrial tissue from the reproductive tract. Any stress, any infection can affect your hormonal levels leading to a change in the period pattern. A sudden change in medications can also affect your periods. All these conditions can lead to delayed periods. Recurrent infections can lead to anemia of chronic infections and thus delay your periods. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!
Hi. thanks for your good answer to me. but may you help me this, that i was been suffering from UTI. i under take medicines including injection as i was directed by the doctor. it was since there i had not seen my period up to date. can that be the reasons for the delay?