Urinary Tract Infection Community
UTI?

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

UTI?

Hi. I've had a UTI for what seems like 3 weeks now and I've been on all sorts of medication. Clindamycin, Cetirizene, Pyridium, Cefdinir, and as of right now Ciprofloxacin. Most of my symptoms have gone away except for a little stinging when i urinate that happens from time to time. It seems that it disappears and reappears. I went to the doctor last week and had a culture taken and it came up negative. So my question is do I still have a UTI or not? If not then what's wrong with me and what should I do?
Tags: uti
It sounds like you don't have a urinary tract infection anymore,  but did your doctor discuss Painful Bladder Syndrome (also called insterstitial  cystitis)?

Since you're coming up with a clear culture,  it may be that you're reacting to acidic foods in your diet.  I was on a vicious cycle of antibiotics and cranberry pills when I discovered I probably didn't have a problem with infection,  but rather with painful bladder.

Google the diet for painful bladder syndrome - you have to eliminate (temporarily) things that are acidic,  and that means tomatoes and tomato sauces,  citrus juices,  chocolate,  cranberry and cranberry pills,  anything with acid.

For me it was a great relief.  Best wishes.
Crmaberry juice is great for urine inffection.