Urinary Tract Infection Community
UTI?

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

UTI?

Following an unprotected fellatio I experienced frequente urination a day after it and it lasting till today afte 22 weeks. But some days it is better than others and have from time to time a sudden urge to urinate.

I did a urine culture and analysis with the morning urine. the abnormal results are:

Aspect: Slightly Turbid   Normal: Clear
Specific gravity: 1030     Normal; 1015 - 1025

There is also presence of Mucous.

I have between 2 - 3 WBC and 1-2 RBC.

Does all this mean I have an UTI? is it normal to have Mucous?

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Any test result should be correlated clinically. The presence of mucous in urine can be due to urinary tract infection. Kidney stones and stones of the urinary tract can also cause the presence of mucous in urine. It can also be seen in certain sexually transmitted disease if they additionally affect the urinary tract. Urine normally is sterile and presence of WBCs in a urine sample indicates inflammation or infection within the urinary tract or kidney. It is best to discuss your concerns with your treating doctor. If there is any infection you will need a course of antibiotics. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!