Urinary Tract Infection Community
Ureathal irrational

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Ureathal irrational

I have a constant ureathal irratation, but no pain or burning when I pee.  I also seem to be peeing more frequently.  I took took a single dose of azithro and three days of cipro about a week ago but I still have the symtoms (symptoms).  The only sexual contact I had was mutual masturbation a couple of weeks ago but no oral. Could I have gotten something from this?  It does not bother me all the time.  I can sleep at night although I need to get up to urinate and if I am concentrating on something during the day it does not seem to bother me.  Could it just be anxiety?  Help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The exact cause can be determined only after eliciting a complete medical history, clinical examination and investigations. There is a possibility that it could be due to urinary tract infection, urethritis or nonspecific urethritis.It may happen that a man may experience a discharge, or burning on urination but laboratory tests show no evidence of infection. This is called urethral irritation and is usually caused by frequent or vigorous masturbation, allergies or repeated squeezing of the urethra. Avoid sex till you recover completely. Seek medical help. A urine examination and urine culture may be helpful. I hope it helps.
Best of luck and take care!