Urinary Tract Infection Community
Urine DR Report

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Urine DR Report

9175710?1370525645
Hi. i had unsafe sex with 2 guys twice each and now my pee burns so i got my Urine DR done and attached is the report. need guidance and help please.
Tags: sex
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The presence of upto 1-2 leucocytes is normal in urine. Significant pyuria is considered as at greater than or equal to 10 leucocytes per microliter or cubic millimeter. Epithelial cells should not be present in a urine specimen. However their presence may indicate improper collection of the urine, meaning that the sterile specimen has been contaminated. If contamination is ruled out and epithelial cells are again found in a second test it is advisable to rule out urinary tract infection. A urine culture examination will be further helpful in determining the cause of your infection and the most appropriate antibiotic. Discuss your test results with your attending doctor. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!