Urinary Tract Infection Community
Uti and antibiotics

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Uti and antibiotics

Hi.

I've got a UTI. I've had quite a few before, I seem to be prone to them. This one is a bit different though. Less burning when I pee, more discomfort in my bladder. As it fills up, it gets very uncomfortable and feels like it's burning. Then when I empty it, my bladder seems to sting and prickle. Also, I've had it for quite a long time.

The doctor said it's a UTI and gave me antibiotics for 5 days. I only have 3 tablets left and although there's been a slight improvement, it's nowhere near gone. Should I be worried? Anyone had experience of this?

I'm hoping the last 3 tablets will make a big difference but I'm feeling quite stressed about it.

Thank you very much.
Tags: uti antibiotics bladder worrie, worried
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to treat your infection? UTI may present with varying symptoms and may be different from one person to another or one episode to another. However, if the symptoms do not resolve with antibiotic treatment, it is possible that the organisms that are responsible do not respond to that antibiotic. Additional tests such as urine culture and sensitivity may be done. Drinking plenty of water may help. Take care and do keep us posted.