Uti and antibiotics
Hi.

I've got a UTI. I've had quite a few before, I seem to be prone to them. This one is a bit different though. Less burning when I pee, more discomfort in my bladder. As it fills up, it gets very uncomfortable and feels like it's burning. Then when I empty it, my bladder seems to sting and prickle. Also, I've had it for quite a long time.

The doctor said it's a UTI and gave me antibiotics for 5 days. I only have 3 tablets left and although there's been a slight improvement, it's nowhere near gone. Should I be worried? Anyone had experience of this?

I'm hoping the last 3 tablets will make a big difference but I'm feeling quite stressed about it.

Thank you very much.
How are you? Were you able to treat your infection? UTI may present with varying symptoms and may be different from one person to another or one episode to another. However, if the symptoms do not resolve with antibiotic treatment, it is possible that the organisms that are responsible do not respond to that antibiotic. Additional tests such as urine culture and sensitivity may be done. Drinking plenty of water may help. Take care and do keep us posted.