Urinary Tract Infection Community
Uti and antibiotics
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Uti and antibiotics

Hi.

I've got a UTI. I've had quite a few before, I seem to be prone to them. This one is a bit different though. Less burning when I pee, more discomfort in my bladder. As it fills up, it gets very uncomfortable and feels like it's burning. Then when I empty it, my bladder seems to sting and prickle. Also, I've had it for quite a long time.

The doctor said it's a UTI and gave me antibiotics for 5 days. I only have 3 tablets left and although there's been a slight improvement, it's nowhere near gone. Should I be worried? Anyone had experience of this?

I'm hoping the last 3 tablets will make a big difference but I'm feeling quite stressed about it.

Thank you very much.
Tags: uti antibiotics bladder worrie, worried