Urinary Tract Infection Community
Uti numbness

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Uti numbness

I was diagnosed with a UTI and started taking antibiotic cipro 2 days ago. It is no better and tonight my crotch area right around my urethra is numb. I've tried several different positions and even walked around. Still numb. I don't know if I should be concerned. I've been trying to wait and give the meds a chance. I've never had a UTI last this long after starting meds. Please help!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
A complete medical history and clinical examination is important for accurate diagnosis and treatment. Any type of tingling, burning, or numbness indicates a sensory nerve being affected. Is the pain so severe that you are experiencing numbness? Any nerve entrapment, or pressure being applied to a nerve directly or to the spinal attachment of that nerve, or a disease condition affecting the nerves like diabetes mellitus, peripheral neuropathy can cause anesthesia in the  area. If may take some time for your UTI to resolve. If you are not satisfied with the diagnosis seeking second opinion will be helpful. Treatment will depend on the exact cause. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!