Vaginal Pain
Ive had symptoms of a UTI/Yeast Infection for about a week now, but theyre getting progressively worse. The pain started as a slight pressure and pain after i finished urinating, but is now a constant, throbbing pain. I have also noticed slight discoloration (my vagina seems purple/red, almost inflamed)as well as a visible blue vein that is not normally present (this is extremely unnerving) and I believe my vagina is somewhat swollen. I can feel my heartbeat there when I use the bathroom. As of today, I have also had sharp pains in my side. I have scheduled a doctors appointment but until I can get there, I am going to be very worried, and this pain is almost unbearable. What could this be?
Hi there,
A clinical examination is necessary for determining the exact cause of your symptoms. This blue vein could possibly be varicose veins called hemorrhoids which can form in the vagina or around the anus but they are usually seen in pregnancy. There is a condition called pelvic venous congestion syndrome. In this condition there is pelvic pain or pain in lower abdomen, stress incontinence etc.A physical examination is necessary for examining the blue vein. Do schedule an appointment with a gynecologist. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!