Urinary Tract Infection Community
Vaginal bumps under skin

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Vaginal bumps under skin

I just went to the gyno and had bumps under the skin which she said were probably built up sweat glands because of waxing. also i was diagnosed with a yeast infection but i took the medicine 3 days ago the irritation did not got away the bumps moved down towards my ureter and when i touch down there it has a burning type feel, also it burns when i pee sometimes is it kidney stones not a yeast infection? or im just impatient for the medicine to work. i thought it might also be a UTI.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
From the symptoms it looks like urinary tract infection and the bumps can be due to STD’s also. Urinary tract (which consists of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and the urethra) infections are very common in young women. Symptoms of UTI are frequent urination, burning sensation during urination, passing of blood in urine and even fever. The most common causes of repeated UTIs are kidney stones and diabetes mellitus. Women who are sexually active, who use diaphragms for birth control, and/or are past menopause are at an increased risk for urinary tract infections.

Making a diagnosis of a urinary tract infection includes performing a urinalysis test, which checks for the presence of pus, white blood cells, and bacteria in the urine, which point to a urinary tract infection. A urine culture and sensitivity is usually performed to find the exact microorganism that is causing the infection and to determine the most effective antibiotic to treat it.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.