Urinary Tract Infection Community
What if it isn't an uti?

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

What if it isn't an uti?

Hello
I went to my gp because I was peeing all the time, with a burning feeling in between trips to the toilet, not during.
The urine sample turned out not to be urinary infection, but another type of infection. She booked me in for swabs as she said he could be an sti. She made me worry as I have been with my partner for 2 and a half years. Could it be anything else other than an sti? Thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Without a complete evaluation it may be difficult to confirm the cause. The common causes associated with your symptoms are urinary tract infection, cystitis, bladder infection, yeast infection, Chlamydia or gonorrhea. It may happen that urine examination may not reveal infection even in few cases of UTI if the method of collection is not appropriate. Lab analysis of the urine is sometimes followed by a urine culture to detect bacterial growth. It is best to stop worrying. Wait for the swab results .Do clarify all your doubts with your treating doctor. Write to me again on how you are doing.
Best luck and kind regards!
Hello there,
I got my tests results back and it tested positive for chlamidia. I took the antibiotics I was prescribed. Just had a chat with my boyfriend, explaining the results. He swore to me he hasn't cheated and can't work out why I got it. I am100% it doesn't come from me as he was my first and only partner.
He got tested 2 years ago before we started to get together. They then said to him if u don't hear from us within 2 weeks, you are clear. Can he had it for that long without knowing? He never got any symptoms. He wants to get tested as he thinks my test is wrong. I am really confused and I really think he is telling the truth. Thank u for any advice.