Urinary Tract Infection Community
What is it?!

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

What is it?!

I took 3 of my friend's birthcontrol pills at once (since i'm not on it) and 5 IB profines every couple hours because i read that this combination would make your period temporarily stop because my boyfriend was coming in town.
We had sex in a bathtub and continued to that whole week. It stung when i peed and i had to pee CONSTANTLY and i had horrible cramps i also had the urge to pass gas constanttlyy all that week.
I constantly was taking meds for my cold, and drinking coffees, beers and eating sweets breads, pastas, etc. things with yeast.
Towards the end of the week it started to be a little sore when we would have sex so we used lube and that day i saw a couple bumps on my vagina opening and throughout the next 2 days i got a couple more (they all look like pimples)
I thought of it possibly being herpes but
1. he's been tested RECENTLY and doesn't have it
2. Since we assumed the bumps were razor burn, he had unprotected sex with me WHILE i had the bumps and he's had nothing come up for him.
3. after having sex with the bumps, within a few minutes i gave him head (not to be gross, but i could taste myself) so if i had herpes in my vagina wouldn't i have then transfered it to my mouth too?

I read online that water sex gives you UTI's, so i thought it could be from that and turned into a yeast infection or from the lube OR i was thinking all those birthcontrols threw my hormones out of whack plus all the meds and plus having sex in the water and eating alllll these things that make yeast infections worse?? Since the bumps could be candida?

I went to planned parenthood and the first thing the nurse said when i opened my legs is "oh poor honey, you have herpes." I got angry with her for saying such a life changing thing without testing and made her take a yeast infection test even though she REFUSED to saying "NO you have herpes." The yeast infection test did infact come out positive. She then took a sample and said i'd have my herpes results in a week and wrote me a herpes presrciption and yeast prescription. i have only been taking the yeast prescription and it seems to be healing up a bit already after one day.
I am POSITIVE my boyfriend does not have herpes (saw his tests) and i have not had sex with anyone else in a year, so if it were from a year ago it probably wouldnt pop up the week him and i had sex unless i got it from him right? But the nurse telling me it's herpes and the bumps are scaring me. Does this sound like herpes or a bad yeast infection? I am so confused/scared, Thanks so much for your help!!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed description or detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Taking high dose single shot hormonal pills does not stop the periods temporarily and would rather result in withdrawal bleeding in most cases. It was also very inappropriate to take excessive dose of ibuprofen, which does not come free of side effects. Possible causes of the described lesions that may need to be considered include infections (STD or non-STD), inflammations, razor bumps, cysts, warts etc. Herpitic lesions could occur as a recent infection or as a recurrence from an infection incurred over an year ago and since the transmission rate is not 100%, there is a possibility that it may not have been transferred to the partner or could have been transferred without development of lesions. It would be too premature to comment specifically on the situation at this time. I would suggest taking the medications as prescribed and waiting for a final answer as the test results are known.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi,  I was helping out on the community and saw your post.  Did you get your test results back?  Hoping you are feeling better at this time .. it's been awhile since you posted.

C~