What's going on??
Two weeks ago I started having classic UTI symptoms - urgency, frequency, burning and just uncomfortable. I called my OB/GYN dr and they called in an antibiotic. It didn't help so they had me come in for a urine test/culture and went ahead and started me on a different antibiotic. By the time the culture came back 2 days later almost all of my symptoms were gone which was great. The in office test showed Nitrites in the urine, normal white and red blood cell count, but then the culture came back with no growth. Last Monday my symptoms came back - sharp pinching pains down there, urgency, burning, etc. I called my dr and they asked me to come back in. The urine culture came back with no growth again. I am still having the symptoms but know that it's not a UTI. I have a history of kidney stones so I have wondered if it could be that but I have not had any of my typical kidney stones symptoms. My dr's office called today and said that they wanted me to try some Estrogen cream to see if perhaps these symptoms are due from dryness, but I really don't think this is going to help. Any ideas on what to do or what it could be from? .
Hi there,
The symptoms being experienced by you are suggestive of some problem with the urinary tract. It is possible that you have UTI, interstitial cystitis or kidney stones. As you mentioned you had a prior history of kidney stones it is best to get an ultrasound scan done of kidney ureter and bladder to rule out kidney stones. A complete clinical examination and work up is important for correct diagnosis and management. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!