Urinary Tract Infection Community
advice please

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

advice please

I've had symptoms like I have a uti but I've gone to the doctors gave a urine sample and doctor told me there is no sight of a uti at all... That was a few days ago and keeping my liquids up tried cranberry juice and no change any advice on what it could be.. also I have had no stomach pains am only 8wks along
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Urine infections and bladder infections are very common in early pregnancy due to the bodily changes in early pregnancy. You may take certain precautions like drink plenty of water daily. Wipe yourself from front to back to prevent bacteria from your back passage to spread to your urethra. Empty your bladder completely when you go to the toilet. Wear cotton and loose clothes. Urine culture is the most accurate test to determine for sure whether or not an infection is present. Do consult your doctor and get your doubts clarified. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Get one UTI -after another so fed up. Dr puts sample away and it comes back with bacterial infection. Why is this happening?
UTI is quite tricky to diagnose. It could be viral or elusive bacterial infection (atypical bacteria). It could even be a mix infection (viral and bacterial). Also some bacts are pleomorphic (they change forms and thus ONN and OFF infection cycle)
Also, it doesnt give much money to Urologist cf procedures!
It gives them headache also and annoying it is