Urinary Tract Infection Community
blood in urine, painful urination, UTI

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

blood in urine, painful urination, UTI

I had a UTI and blood in my urine (on tests) went to the doctor and took cipro for 14 days, but I still have blood in my urine on tests.  could this be from an infection or parasite?  what could be causing the irritation?  I had a cystoscopy done but it found nothing.  I've had continuous erectile dysfunction and loss of feeling
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hematuria or blood in the urine can be caused by bleeding from anywhere along the urinary tract. The most common cause is an infection because of the inflammation in the urinary tract. Urinary stones can cause abrasion and irritation resulting in hematuria. Other possible cause is a kidney condition called glomerulonephritis. I would suggest that you consult your Doctor so further investigation can be done. You Doctor may request for some blood tests, urinalysis, urine culture, and an ultrasound or CT scan.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar_dr_m_tn

thanks!  stool test positive for charcoal crystals and have amoeba infection. seems to be irritating my tract.  will I ever regain feeling in this area?
thanks so much!
I had this 3 week infection that didn't respond to zpack/augmentin and they found charcot-leyden crystals in my stool after being in Indonesia.  A few months ago I had a red rash all over my front and unexplained nausea/vomiting.  I have dark urine and I'm on 10 days of flagyl.
I'm having this pain in my groin vein like there was a blockage which went away after taking 20mg of prednisone
after the UTI last year the doctor didn't treat the blood in the urine for months.  they did a CT with dye-negative.  I'm worried I've lost all feeling in these organs
also my semen was a yellow color